Department of Public Works

Water and Sewer Permits

In order to obtain Township water and/or sanitary sewer service, a permit must be acquired. A water and/or sewer permit has several components to the document, which will vary the cost of the permit. Two key elements are tap fees (size of service) and frontage fees (total front footage of your property). If you have not paid for your frontage fees by a Special Assessment in the past, then a frontage fee for water and/or sewer will be applied at the time of permit. The department also provides a lien service for the frontage fees; this is a payment plan, which enables you to make yearly payments for up to 5 years with interest. Permits for water and/or sewer can be obtained at the Department of Public Works.

Contact Information
Chesterfield Township Department of Public Works
52216 Sierra Dr.
Chesterfield, MI 48047

Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm

Working Hours: (586)949-0400, ext. 3
Fax Number: (586)949-3872
Emergency after Hours: (586)949-2322



Go To Top