Township Board Meeting Agenda - July 5, 2011
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
July 5, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Study Session Board Meeting of June 15, 2011
and the Regular Board Meeting of June 20, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Code Enforcement: Request approval to seek in Circuit Court authorization to
demolish the buildings at 56770 Burdon, Chesterfield, MI 48047.
- PUBLIC HEARING:
- To hear comments concerning the estimate of cost and expense of providing
Police protection as determined by the Township Board and also on the
distribution of the existing Special Assessment Levy for said Police protection
as approved by the voters in 1996.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Adopt 2012 Police Budget.
- Authorize the Township Supervisor to sign the Letter of Understanding with
the POLC-Detectives, Patrol Officers and Dispatchers as it relates to uniforms
and their cellular phone allowance. (Postponed from June 6, 2011)
- Police Department: Request approval of the revisions made to Police
Department SOP for Internal Investigations, Independent Alcohol Testing, Bail
Bondsmen, Smoke and Tobacco Use and Cellular Phones and to print same for
distribution to all personnel. (Postponed from June 6, 2011)
- Planning Commission: Adopt ordinance amendment 110-98 to amend section
76-331, provisions applicable to agricultural and residential districts for
- Technology Committee: Request approval to renew the Township’s Computer
Service Contract with HI Tech for a total cost of $34,277.40, effective July 1,
2011 through June 30, 2012.
- Finance Department: Request approval to contract with Gabriel, Roeder, Smith
and Company to prepare an actuarial evaluation of the retiree health care
benefits for the Township’s Retiree Health Care Plan at a cost of $7,080.00.
- Fillin’ Station Bar and Grill request approval for an outdoor party with
tents at 49434 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48051 on Saturday July 30, 2011 from
10am to 10pm.
- Adopt Resolution 2011-09 approving Water and Sewer Rate Increase. Water rates
will increase from $3.18 to $3.57 per one thousand gallons and from $3.26 to
$3.65 per one thousand gallons for second meters. Sanitary Sewer rates will
increase from $4.24 to $4.75 per thousand gallons.
- Adopt Resolution 2011-10 approving Suburban Sewage Rates.
- Police Department: Request approval to accept a Justice Assistance Grant for
$15,475.00 and apply this money to the cost of fire suppression and battery
back-up upgrades during the renovations to the Radio Room.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY JULY 18, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR
THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, JULY 13, 2011. IF YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.
POSTED: June 30, 2011