Township Board Meeting Agenda - June 20, 2011
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
June 20, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-Sara and Emma Bauer
- ROLL CALL
- Beautification Committee introduction of the 2011 "Bird, Bat and Butterfly
House Contest" winners.
- Plante and Moran, overview of the 2010 Financial Audit.
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of June 6, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends reappointment of Paul Miller and Ray Saelens
to the Planning Commission with their terms expiring June 17, 2014.
- Formally approve the resignation of Trustee Cheryl Printz effective June 30,
- Code Enforcement: Request approval to seek in Circuit Court authorization to
demolish the buildings at 29338 Wand, Chesterfield, MI 48047.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Planning Commission: Introduction of ordinance amendment 110-98 to amend
section 76-331, provisions applicable to agricultural and residential districts
for Accessory Buildings, and approve for first publication.
- Skyway, Inc. request approval to temporarily erect a 40’ x 20’ tent at
50740 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48047 to sell Michigan Class C fireworks from
June 23, 2011 through July 4, 2011.
- Adopt a resolution for a Charitable Gaming License to be issued to the
American Gymnastics Institute Booster Club.
- Approve request for a new Class C Liquor License for Grand Azteca VII, LLC
located at 27953 23 Mile Rd., Chesterfield, Michigan 48051, Macomb County.
- Approve a three year Single Hauler Waste Collection and Disposal Contract
with Rizzo Services effective January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2014 and
authorize the Township Supervisor and Township Clerk to sign the contract.
- Approve the collection, by the Township Treasurer, of residential Single
Hauler Waste Collection and Disposal payments (in lieu of payment to contractor)
and placing said payment on the Winter Tax Bill, for a three year period
effective December 1, 2011.
- Approve Police Chief Contract and authorize the Township Supervisor and
Township Clerk to sign the contract.
- Clerk’s Department: Request approval to purchase software for business
licensing from BS&A Software at a cost not to exceed $6,545.00.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS TUESDAY JULY 5, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR
THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2011. IF YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.
POSTED: June 17, 2011