Township Board Meeting Agenda - May 16, 2011
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
May 16, 2011
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-Great Oaks Elementary, Nature Savers Club
- ROLL CALL
- Summary of the 2010 Miss Chesterfield reign by Erin Margaret Healy
- Introduction and Crowning by Pageant Director and Township Clerk Janice M. Uglis of the 2011 Miss Chesterfield Jennifer Jean Gerlando.
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are considered routine
by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no separate discussion
of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board member, it
will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of May 2, 2011.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the Finance Department.
- Clerk’s Department: Request approval of a massage parlor license renewal for
Platinum Skin Care Inc., located at 48774 Gratiot, with an expiration date of
May 1, 2012.
- Joseph and Melissa Giambruno at 29850 Sugar Creek Drive request approval for
an Easement Encroachment Agreement to permit the encroachment on a sanitary
sewer easement to construct a pool, subject to and abiding by comments from the
DPW and Building Department officials.
- DPW: Request approval to secure Matrix Printing for the printing of the
Consumer Confidence Report at the cost of $2,348.40.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Planning Commission: Adoption of Ordinance No.135 regarding the specific
requirements, duties and responsibilities of the members of the Planning
- Adopt a resolution for a Charitable Gaming License to be issued to the Ashlee
Sokalski Brraap Fund.
- Fun Fireworks, LLC request approval to temporarily erect a 30’ x 60’ tent at
45233 Marketplace Blvd., Chesterfield, MI 48047, to sell legal Michigan Class C
1.4g fireworks from June 24, 2011 through July 5, 2011.
- Approve request to transfer ownership of a 2011 Class C Licensed Business
permit located at 49434 Gratiot, Chesterfield, Michigan 48051, Macomb County,
from J.M.D. Vecchio, Inc. to John Vecchio Revocable Trust co-trustees Cheryl R.
Cannon and Joan M. Houbeck and stockholder John A.Vecchio.
- Parks and Recreation Department: Request approval to purchase software system
installation and training from the lowest quote, RC Systems Inc. at a cost not
to exceed $14,500.00; and to purchase the software support package for a total
of $2,500.00 per year for four years.
- Police Department:
- Request approval to purchase a dog kennel from Nationwide Construction Group
at a cost of $3,127.00.
- Request approval to contract with Sy Design in order to prepare and oversee
the project of completing the renovations to the server room and radio room at a
cost of $6,530.00
- Request approval to contract with AEW in order to prepare and oversee the
project of renovating the exterior of the police department building at a cost
- Beautification Committee: Requests approval of Resolution 2011-08 designating
May 15 through May 22, 2011, as Beautification Week in Chesterfield Township.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY JUNE 6, 2011 AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR
THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2011. IF YOU
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
The Charter Township of Chesterfield fully embraces the spirit and letter of
the law as it pertains to the American with Disabilities Act. In accordance with
the law, any individual who needs accommodation is asked to contact the Clerk’s
Office during normal business hours at 586-949-0400 ext. 5. To provide
appropriate accommodation, the Clerk’s Office needs two (2) business days notice
prior to the meeting.
POSTED: May 12, 2011