Township Board Meeting Agenda - June 7, 2010
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
June 7, 2010
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Great Oaks Elementary School, Student Council
- ROLL CALL
- Beautification Committee introduction of the 2010
"Bird, Bat and Butterfly House Contest winners.
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent Agenda are
considered routine by the Board and will be enacted in one motion. There is no
separate discussion of these items. If discussion of any item(s) is required by
a Board member, it will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered
separately. Public comments on the Consent Agenda items are permitted.
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if necessary).
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting
of May 17, 2010.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as submitted by the
- Finance Department: Request approval to add the
following accounts to the Standard List of Monthly Pre-approved Special
Invoices; City of Detroit-Board of Water Commissioners, Macomb County
Treasurers-Public Works Commissioner and American Messaging.
- Set a Public Hearing for July 6, 2010 at 7 p.m. to
hear comments concerning the estimate of cost and expense of providing Police
protection as determined by the Township Board and also on the distribution of
the existing Special Assessment levy for said Police protection as approved by
the voters in 1996.
- Technology Committee: Request Township Board approval
to enter into a third year computer support contract with HI Tech Service at a
cost of $34,277.40 per the 2008 bid.
- Approval to pay annual (July 1, 2010-June 30, 2011)
dues to the Michigan Township Association (MTA) in the amount of $6,454.34.
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends reappointment of Paula
Frame to the Planning Commission with her term expiring June 1, 2013.
- REGULAR AGENDA:
- Skyway Inc. request approval to temporarily erect a
30’ x 45’ tent at 50740 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48051 to sell legal Michigan
Class C 1.4g fireworks from June 25, 2010 through July 5, 2010. (Postponed from
May 17, 2010)
- Art Van Furniture request approval for a sidewalk sale
permit with a 40’x60’ tent at 50400 Gratiot, Chesterfield, MI 48051
to sell furniture from August 2, 2010 through August 17, 2010.
- Adoption of Resolution 2010-07 updating the
Township policy for Township Investment and Depository Designation.
- Fillin’ Station Bar and Grill request approval for
an outdoor party and car show with three 10’x10’ tents at 49434 Gratiot,
Chesterfield, MI 48051 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on June 12, 2010.
- ADDENDUM (If Necessary)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time Limits)
- BOARD COMMENTS
THE NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY JUNE 21, 2010
AT 7 P.M. THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THAT
AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY JUNE 16, 2010. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL
949-0400 EXT. 5.
POSTED: June 3, 2010