Township Board Meeting Agenda - June 1, 2009
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF CHESTERFIELD
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
TO BE HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL
OFFICES, 47275 SUGARBUSH RD.
CHESTERFIELD, MI 48047
June 1, 2009
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-Green Elementary School
- ROLL CALL
- CONSENT AGENDA: All items under the Consent
Agenda are considered routine by the Board and
will be enacted in one motion. There is no
separate discussion of these items. If
discussion of any item(s) is required by a Board
member, it will be removed from the Consent
Agenda and considered separately. Public
comments on the Consent Agenda items are
- Approval of the Agenda (with Addendum if
- Approval of the Minutes of the Regular
Board Meeting of May 18, 2009.
- Approval of the Payment of Bills as
submitted by the Finance Department.
- Authorize Clerk Uglis, as Miss
Chesterfield Pageant Chair, to sign the
waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless
Agreement for the participation of the Miss
Chesterfield float in the 2009 Bay-Rama
- Approval to pay annual (July 1,
2009-June 30, 2010) dues to the Michigan
Township Association (MTA) in the amount of
$6,089.00 (excludes Legal Defense Assessment
- Treasurer’s Department: Request approval
for the Township Supervisor to sign a 48
month lease agreement with Pitney Bowes for
a new postage machine at a monthly cost of
- Code Enforcement: Request approval to
seek in Circuit Court authorization to make
safe or demolish open basement construction
at; 32812 Birchwood, 50446 Secluded Ct.,
51331 Brushford, 51749 Leshan Dr. and 34894
- Fire Department: Request approval to
purchase two Quick Attack Fire Apparatus
Trucks from Apollo Fire Equipment/CSI Fire
Apparatus at a total cost of $472,970.00.
- To Robert Durie of Boy Scout Troop 157
upon completion of his Eagle Scout Project
for the Historical Society.
- Township auditors, Plante Moran, review
of the 2008 audit.
- PUBLIC HEARING
- Approval of an application from Stahl’s,
LDC, LLC for an Industrial Facilities Tax
Exemption Certificate (IFEC) for Real and
Personal Property. The facility is located
at 48300 Structural Dr., Chesterfield, MI
- REGULAR AGENDA
- Supervisor’s Office: Recommends
reappointment of Alan Christ, Vince Finazzo,
David Joseph, Natalie McPherson, and Patrick
Williams to the Parks and Recreation
Commission with their terms expiring June 9,
2012 (Item postponed from May 18th, 2009
- Approval of a Temporary Dance and
Temporary Entertainment permit, with tents,
on Saturday June 13, 2009 for The Fillin’
Station 10 year anniversary.
- Approval for a New Dance-Entertainment
permit in conjunction with a current Class C
License for Buffalo Wings and Rings located
at 50640 Waterside, Chesterfield, MI 48051.
- Adopt Resolution 2009-10 approving Water
and Sewer Rate Increase. Water rates will
increase from $2.24 to $2.89 per one
thousand gallons and $2.97 per one thousand
gallons for second meters. Sanitary Sewer
rates will increase from $2.83 to $3.53 per
- Adopt Resolution 2009-11 approving
Suburban Sewage Rates.
- ADDENDUM (None)
- PUBLIC COMMENTS (Five-Minute Time
- BOARD COMMENTS
NEXT REGULAR BOARD MEETING IS MONDAY JUNE 15,
2009 AT 7 P.M.
THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMITTAL OF ITEMS FOR THE
AGENDA IS NOON WEDNESDAY JUNE 10, 2009. IF YOU HAVE
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL 949-0400 EXT. 5.
REVISED AND POSTED: MAY 29, 2009