Beautification Commission Minutes - June 10,
Proposed Minutes of Chesterfield Township
Beautification Committee Meeting
Wednesday June 10, 2009
Regular Meeting @ 7:00pm
Meeting was called to order by Sue Grimaudo @
Roll call by Sue Grimaudo.
Members present: Rich Piekarski, Linda Hartman,
Sue Grimaudo, Constance Hansen, Tom Yaschen, Denise
Calvert and Marlene Krul
Motion made by Sue Grimaudo to approve agenda,
approved by Linda Hartman and second by Tom Yashen.
Motion made by Sue Grimaudo to approve minutes
from May 13, 2009. Approved by Tom Yashen and second
by Denise Calvert.
Discussion of beautification week which went
- Susie thanks everyone of the advertising
- Everything got planted
- Bench flowers look good
- American flag/plaque
- Tree Donated
- Sue Grimaudo makes suggestions for next
- Would prefer petunia or sweet William
- Denise said unless they are wave, we need to
pinch them off.
- Susie suggest viola as they will come back
- Denise suggests sweet alyssum, as it self
sows and creeping phlox to spell "Welcome to
Discussion of what to plant along the windows of
the municipal building just in front of the dogwood
which is in front of the bayberry.
- Rich Piekarksi suggests reddish shrub
- Denise Calvert suggests softer plants such
as Shasta, coneflowers, daisy, short grasses
- Both Rich Piekarski and Denise Calvert
conclude we could plant 7 barberry bushes.
Denise Calvert and Mr. Rivard (president of the
historical society) suggested we plant the following
at the historical school house:
- Lilacs - 2 bushes on either side of the
- 1 Apple tree
- Michigan wild flowers
Tom Yaschen would like to spruce up the other
sign (coming from New Baltimore) with:
- Black eyed Susan
Finish Brandenburg rock circle
- To reflect Marlene Krul
- Distribute updated roster
Need to revise enrollment/volunteer form to
reflect Susie’s new phone number.
- Replacing Tree
- Plaque for Tree
Meeting adjourned 8:03pm