About the Supervisor's Office
Chesterfield is a Charter Township in which residents vote in every 4 years, 7 Elected Officials; 3 full time officials consisting of a Supervisor, Clerk, and Treasurer as well as 4 Trustees. This board of community leaders and policy makers establish a vision for Chesterfield Township and carry out policies and ensure that all residents are equally served.
The Supervisor's position is Chesterfield is similar in nature to that of a city managers, with one major difference: In addition to being the Chief Executive Officer of the community, he/she has a vote in Board of Trustees actions. This unique role means that the Supervisor not only enforces policy, but also helps set that policy.
To be successful, complex local government operations require strong political leadership, policy development, a relentless focus on execution and results, a commitment to transparent and ethical government, and a strategy for representing and engaging every segment of the community.
- Works with Elected Officials on developing policies and ensuring that laws and policies approved are equally enforced throughout the Township.
- Seeks feedback from residents and members of the business community to address and solve problems.
- Prepares the annual budget, submits it to elected officials for approval and implements it once approved.
- Supervises Department Heads and other employees.
- Investigates citizen complaints and problems within the administrative organization and recommends changes to Elected Officials.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the Township.